CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 20, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Kooper and McKay are both at home and doing great! I am now just trying to keep up with TWO babies! (I am so grateful for my mom because most days it takes both of us to keep up with the boys!)




 Kooper

 McKay


* I was recently reading Neal A Maxwell's talk from October 1997. He had been going through cancer treatments and said "I have been mercifully granted what might be called a 'delay en route.' Whether short or long, it is a wonderful blessing from the Lord! I have thereby learned, however, that there is another side of the "Why me?" question, since some are not granted a 'delay en route' at all. Whichever side of that question, what is needed is mortal submission, even when there is no immediate divine explanation. Thus we are to press forward, whatever the length of the near horizon, while rejoicing in what awaits us on the far horizon."

I was struck by his statement because I too feel like I am on the other side of the 'Why me?' question. Why me? Why am I so blessed to have three boys who are alive and well? Why am I blessed to live when there is advanced medical capabilities that has made it possible for my boys to enjoy healthy lives when they were born with imperfections that could have been fatal not too long ago? Spending time in hospitals, especially children's hospitals, helps me to focus on what is most important in life and makes me even more grateful for my blessings, health, and children. I am so grateful to continue my journey of motherhood with these two special babies.

5 comments:

Greg~Chels~Livi~Gracie said...

Whit, they are so cute! I can't wait to come and see them sometime!! You are amazing and have such a great attitude about everything! I seriously look up to you so much! They are some lucky boys to have you for their mama!! Love ya!

Kayli Sue said...

I am so glad they are home now. What a relief that must be for your family. I hope they continue to thrive!

Dani said...

yea for both boys being home!!! I love the pics and I can't wait to meet those precious boys - they are adorable. Great quote from Elder Maxwell too - you have such a great attitude and perspective on the challenges and trials you have faced - you are a great example to me Whit. Those boys sure are lucky!!

Unknown said...

My old friend, Whit!
I apologize that I haven't been in touch, but I've been following the story with your boys and had you on my mind a lot! I'm so glad to hear your sweet little boys are both home now and doing well!! What beautiful babies! I hope you're doing well, too--quite the delivery story! Your perspective is so admirable--you've always had such a positive attitude. I've smiled and cried as I've read your posts. Those sweet boys are blessed to have you for their mom!! Good luck with all you have going on!! I love ya!

Unknown said...

What sweet little boys! I'm so happy they are home and happy and doing so well. Thanks for always sharing your thoughts and being an inspiration! You and your family are always in our prayers and I'm grateful to have you as a friend!