CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Book recommendations!

I know I've been in school all summer but every so often (okay- whenever I can) I reward myself with a good book (not all the text books I was suppose to be reading!). And I just wanted to recommend a few of my favorite!

Of course, no book collection would be complete without HARRY POTTER! If you haven't read them yet- you should NOW! I reread the 6th and 7th book and I forgot how much I loved them! And if you're a fan- you should definitely go see the new movie!! I love Harry!!


This next series is also a MUST READ! My mom has been trying to get me to read it forever and I finally gave in. It is the 'Great and Terrible Series'. It's an LDS fictional account of the last days. It is incredible! There are six books in the series (the second is the hardest to get through but get through it because it is worth it!). I just finished the last book and I wish there was more to the series!

I don't know how many of you have heard of Shannon Hale, but I love her books! They're really easy reads (probably directed to teens and young adults). I don't know if I'd call them fantasy but everyone I've read has been so good! I loved 'princess academy', 'goose girl', and 'Austenland'!! Check her books out!



Another one I read and liked (but don't have a picture of) is 'The Book Thief'. It's about a little German girl during the time of the Holocaust (if you like books set in that time period then you would love this). Death tells the story so it's a little different and sad but such a good story!
I've read a couple more (I told you I love reading!) but these were by far the best! If you have any recommendations for me- bring em on! I'm looking for a new good book!!



4 comments:

Jewls said...

Whit you have such great taste, I love ALL of those books! I read the G&T series this summer and it gave me chills. And the Book Thief? Holy cow, LOVED IT!! I will definitely trust your book recommendations!!

Lissa Chandler said...

Read "Love Walked In". It's a little different, and might take awhile to get into but I read it all last night and it was AMAZING.

Emily Ann said...

Whit...I just read the shannon hale series too! Great books...thanks for the recommendations!! I can always use a good book.

Felicia said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER! I am actually halfway through book 7 for the first time . . . Anyway, I hope you are doing just great, Whit! You and Russ are such a darling couple! It's fun to see what's going on in your life!