CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Oops!!

Last Monday I decided to be a good wife and cook dinner so I made taco soup. It was all done and Russ wasn't home yet so I left it on the stove and turned the stove to OFF. I then went upstairs to read. About an hour later my house smelled so I ran downstairs to find a kitchen FULL of smoke! I couldn't see a thing! The smoke took over my entire house!! Apparently instead of turning the stove to OFF, I had turned it to HIGH and had burned the soup for an hour! Needless to say this has been quite the week. I've been staying at my mom's house all week and have had to commute every morning! I don't know how commuters do it! I hate it!!! We've left our windows open as much as possible (but it's been snowing half the week!). It's Friday and our house still smells like smoke! We're trying EVERYTHING to get rid of it! In a couple days I'll have to wash ALL of our clothes cause they reek! Russ has been so good through it all and hasn't complained even though it's been alot of driving and cleaning and COLD (with the windows open) all week long. Let's just say, I will NEVER make taco soup again!!!

4 comments:

Jewls said...

Oh no! I set off the smoke alarm broiling steaks one time, but luckily we caught it fast! I hope the smoke clears out soon and nothing is damaged!!

The Jones Crew said...

I remember burning vegatables once and my house smelled for a long time. Just count your blessings you didn't burn down your home. Love, The Jones'

Alexsis said...

Hey Girl! I hope your house is smelling better. If not, call me! There is a machine that "ozones" your house and pulls the smoke smell out of everything!

Felicia said...

Oh, Whit. I love it! They call that "pregnant brain." I wish I could say it gets substantially better after the baby comes, but . . .

I once left the burner on medium high with nothing on while Cregg was gone on a campout. Luckily I was prompted to check the stove before I went to bed. :) I'm excited for your baby!! Good luck with everything! Love ya!